Wednesday, August 27, 2008

DSP Blog Prompt: Are women equal? why/why not

This is a toughie really. I find that while I think women are equal in some respects in others they are clearly not. I don't think there will ever be a woman president but I definitely know that there are women who are presidents of companies and that is a growing trend.

I feel like most men assume they can always do the job better and I obviously don't agree with that although I do think there are jobs that are better suited to men like (i know this one first hand) men should definitely be the ones behind those big industrial strength mowers! While a woman can do it, I personally have done it with our 54 inch zero turn walk behind, I will definitely in the future leave that up to the man and not try to be super woman. My body hurt and my hands now have gross callous' because they blistered up holding that beast of a mower back and not letting it run away with me.

In short I think women have come along way but we were intended by God to have certain attributes that make us who we are. All of us have our strong points and we all have our shortcomings but that doesn't mean that we are inferior because we are not men!

3 comments:

Glynis on August 27, 2008 at 6:46 PM said...

Such a thought-provoking post! I agree completely!

loonyhiker on August 28, 2008 at 5:57 AM said...

This was nicely said. I don't think there will be a woman president during my life time either. I have worked under woman principals and men principals and have to admit that the men have done a better job and not let emotions affect they way they act.

Heather on August 28, 2008 at 7:41 AM said...

I especially agree with your sentiment at the end. God programed us differently for different jobs and equiped us with different (but equal) talents to do them well. Women can have great success in the work place but when they get home they will still and forever be Mom. They will still be the ones cooking the meals, tending the boo boos, and often comunicating with the teacher. We were ment to be the glue for our family and have the emotional makeup that goes with it. I think that the only way we are going to get a female POTUS is by electing one as a VP first. Then the country can see that women are capable and will open the door for a later election.

 

Digital Scrapbooking Designs by Kerr Copyright © 2009 Cookiez is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template